NOTICE:

ALL images and content are protected by copyright. Violations will be dealt with accordingly, including prosecution where applicable. If you want something, please contact me rather than stealing my work.

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

OpLove in Durant

Last weekend, Operation: Love Reunited was invited to attend the 1/180th weekend-long deployment event in Durant, OK. Saturday was Family Day at the armory. There was a BBQ buffet, a kid bouncy thing, a velcro wall, an inflatable slide, a dunk tank, and airbrush tattoos. It was a great day with beautiful 85+ degree weather. Everyone had a great time relaxing with their families and enjoying some awesome grub!!! A big thank you to the OpLove photographers that came on Saturday: Wayne & Jeannie Moore and Lisa Tate (as well as myself). Here are some pics from Saturday...


Sunday was the actual roll-call, saying goodbye to family & friends, and then loading on the buses. There were lots of smiles and laughter that were followed by the last minute tears. My heart goes out to both the soldiers and their families. As a photographer trying to capture the emotions, I get caught up in the goodbyes and cry too (which makes it really hard to take pics). And again, a big thank you to the OpLove photographers that participated on Sunday: Jeannie & Wayne Moore and Becky Croft (as well as myself again). Here are a few pics from Sunday:


I pray that God may bless and watch over the soldiers and families of the 1/180th, as well as all our men/women in uniform and their loved ones at home. You are ALL my own personal heroes...and I personally want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.
- Ang

2 comments:

CPT Lynn April 7, 2011 at 12:34 PM  

I would like to thank you so much for capturing these memories for our Troopers and their families. It is a great thing you do and very selfless, thanks again.

Unknown April 7, 2011 at 6:31 PM  

Thank you Captain Lynn. All of us photographers had a great time and were honored to be able to participate! It was really great to meet you, Gwen, and your family...as well as all the other families. Me and Gwen are already making plans for dinner and margaritas in the fall when she comes to OKC. :) I hope to have the chance to see you again at your homecoming. Stay safe & God Bless!
- Ang

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP