NOTICE:

ALL images and content are protected by copyright. Violations will be dealt with accordingly, including prosecution where applicable. If you want something, please contact me rather than stealing my work.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Piedmont, OK Tornado Devastation

I had to go to Piedmont for a real estate shoot today, less than 24 hours after a deadly tornado ripped through the town. On my way back, I ran into some of the homes that were damaged and/or destroyed by the twister. The tornado was about a half-mile wide, and was on the ground for a very long time! There is still a 3-year old boy missing. He was hiding in the bathtub with his family. The other family members were taken to the hospital and treated, but there is still no sign of the boy. My heart and prayers go out to this family, as well as everyone that has been affected by the recent tornadoes.

I did take some pics out the window while driving north up Hwy 4 and east across Simmons Rd. I have posted them below.




I love the above pic with the American flag that is tied to a tree with rope (or what's left of a tree anyway).
 





Notice the big tree is uprooted, but the house and some of the smaller trees are in tact.


Yep, I drove over probably 30 downed-power lines.

I think this one is the best pic that I got. The house is pretty much destroyed, yet the two kids (right side) are playing - a boy on a 4-wheeler and a girl with a hula-hoop. It seems to say, "You may take my home, but not my spirit."



The above pic blows my mind. The roof is gone, yet some of the windows and the glass door do not even have a crack in them.






0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP