NOTICE:

ALL images and content are protected by copyright. Violations will be dealt with accordingly, including prosecution where applicable. If you want something, please contact me rather than stealing my work.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tips for a Session with Me

I am frequently asked about tips on what to expect or what to wear during my sessions. The first thing I recommend is to understand that my sessions are very relaxed and playful. Expect nothing but the unexpected. Kids may run and play. Parents may get an ornery streak with each other. Geese may chase us all across the park. Regardless of what happens, it's all good! All my sessions are done on-location anywhere you want to go: a video arcade, a park, a church, your home, the local grocery store, Bricktown in OKC, the historic district in Guthrie, a winery, anywhere you can think of. If you need suggestions, I am happy to provide them based on your preference of scenery styles.

Clothing...well that's up to you, but I do have a few suggestions. Obviously OpLove sessions require the service person to be in uniform at least part of the time. Other than that, I strongly discourage busy patterns as they can be distracting from the overall photo. Matching shirts are okay most of the time, but keep them simple. And 100% matching clothing is really only cute on kids. Otherwise, it gets to be too overwhelming. Picking colors that complement each other is the best idea (ie. blues and greens, or pinks and yellows, etc). Basically, I suggest to dress comfortable and realistic: jeans, flip-flops or other comfy shoes, nice relaxed shirt (tee or otherwise), shorts/capris, etc. If our session is at the park, you may find that the best pics are laying on the grass, sitting on a rock, leaned against a tree, or even splashing your feet in the water. In those cases, a dress or slacks is really not the best choice.  :)

Other things to note...for the most part, I do not place you in positions or pose you. I prefer to capture your family's dynamics exactly as you all fall into place. I may suggest to raise your head or tilt it a certain way, but that is more for shadow/lighting purposes. If I posed you and your family, then it wouldn't be natural. And my photography is all about being natural and realistic. I want you to reflect back on the pics later and remember that they show what you all were actually like...not what I made you look like. If you are wanting a formal-type pic with a solid background, and everyone posed perfectly, and with stationary smiles...well I can do that too, but it is really not my style of photography. I prefer to capture the true nature and playfulness and love that is present in your family. If that's the type of photos you want...then I am your ideal photographer!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP